Monday, May 14, 2007

Still Going Strong...

Whoops, think I forgot to do a post yesterday. I had a wonderful, healthy Mother's Day. Husband and baby boy got me cards (one from each), and took me to a late lunch so we could avoid the crowds. We went to our favorite family restaurant, O'Charley's, where I had the bite-sized shrimp, a baked potato, and steamed broccoli. I ate half the shrimp, half the broccoli, and all the potato except for the skin. We also had the loaded potato skins for an appetizer, and I had two of those. They were pretty small, so not TOO bad points-wise. I also had one piece of bread.

We went to the park afterwards and walked for about a half-hour, then let the baby run around the playground. He just LOVES it when we let him do that, even though he doesn't actually do much on the equipment. And not without one of us pretty much right with him, since he's still pretty small and not that steady. A couple hours after we got home I did another half-hour on the treadmill, which made me feel awesome. =)

Tonight I did 20 minutes upper body Pilates, a great accomplishment seeing as how husband is sick and I took care of baby this morning AND evening all by my lonesome. When we put baby to bed I was just going to surf the Net until bedtime, but reading through some weight loss success stories made me realize how much I wanted to work out today. So I did. Yay me!

I've been using my activity points and a couple Flex points the past few days, probably in large part due to it being right before "that time" of the month. I'm hoping the exercise I've been doing will compensate, and I may try and have a slightly lower day or two points-wise also. I'm not too worried, though. I'm feeling great and finally taking care of myself again. Woot!

No comments: